web metrics Denton: Rated: Ramen Republic

Friday, June 25, 2010

Ramen Republic

By The Woman ---

Today we tried Ramen Republic for the first time.


The original destination was Fuzzy's but as we turned the corner from Hickory to Industrial I noticed this place I didn't remember seeing before and had to change the plan. I'm a sucker for noodles so I was a little biased going into it. When we walked in I was pleasantly surprised with the style of the place, though it definitely still needs work. The menu/how-to board looked very temporary as did the table being used to hold the order cards. It had a nice layout though and felt spacious. It at least looked more finished than the more well established Hot Box next door.

The price to food ratio seemed fair. At first I felt a little ripped off being charged 50 cents per additional ingrediant, but if you can do without certain extras--like fresh mushrooms or spinach--you get to add all the free condiments you want once your order's up--like cilantro, carrots, cabbage, corn or celery.

There are both table and booth seating. The booth feels a little weird to sit on, not as good as

The food was read pretty quick and I enjoyed it so overall I found it a satisfactory

My main criticism is that it looks and feels unfinished. I'll give it a month and return for try #2.


Ramen Republic on Urbanspoon

By NTM ---

Ramen Republic is sparsely populated. The food is eh. The drinks are even more eh. It feels like a demo of a foodery. (Yes I said foodery). I ate the food but wasn't thrilled by it. Like The Woman said, it is on the list of things to try again, but as it was, it gets a 2/5 from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment