web metrics Denton: Rated: Oriental Garden Restaurant

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Oriental Garden Restaurant

Oriental Garden
We went to this place a few weeks ago.

It all started when Friend Rudy came up from a little town called Arlington. Heard of it? That's cool now let me finish.

So Rudy spends a good hour on urbanspoon looking for a place to grab some grub. After narrowing it down to like nine places, we decide on Oriental Garden because is has a similar rating to Mr. Chopsticks -- which the Woman likes-- but it someplace new -- which I like.



On the way there, we almost changed destinations to a nearby Italian place because the Woman was griping about how this place looks like it is non-good.

I've got to say that she had a point. It is really close to campus but I had yet to hear of anyone having eaten there before. As we walked in, I saw that there wasn't anyone eating there right then, either.

I don't know why. They have good food and fast service. I dropped a fork. Before I had a chance to pick it back up, the waitress was handing me another. Friend Rudy even had his drink refilled sneakily. He reached for his glass and was shocked that it was full. "When did-- She refilled it and I didn't see her?"  Yes, Friend Rudy, she did.

Seriously. Good food.

I had egg drop soup which was awesome. Also some other stuff. I really didn't know what I was eating at the time, mostly because I had the Woman order for me, so I couldn't tell you. I can show you, however:

What I got
The Woman's
Friend Rudy's
I would not call the interior cozy. Or nice-looking. It isn't fancy or expensive. They have handwritten signs and that kind of stuff. Typical locally owned type things. I am not hating on it at all.

Friend Rudy's head with picture background
Oh yeah and you can find them here:
I coulda typed it or showed it. I showed it.


It isn't all that expensive. If I would have known it was so close, I might have eaten there more often during school. As it is, we will definitely add it to the rotation. So, awesome service, good tasty food, decent prices equal a 3 1/2 jalapeƱos. Cuz I'm brown.

The Woman:

It is true what NTM said. Upon arriving at Oriental Garden I did not want to go in. Naysay I did. I wasn't in the mood for Chinese food and I thought it would be a disappointing version of Chopstick's.

I'm glad to say I was very wrong.

When we walked in I was not impressed with the decor and it was a little scary that no one else was dining at the moment. Once we were seated and looked over the menus I was impressed by the wide selection of both Thai and Chinese dishes. I had hot tea to start and it was wonderful. That paired with incredible hunger contributed greatly to my enjoyment of the meal. The appetizers were yummy and the meal was very tasty. The service was definitely excellent, and although our waitress wasn't exactly busy with other customers, she did seem to pay extra attention to our dining needs and I got the impression she would have tended to us just the same with a packed house.

I would love to eat here again and plan to go back soon. I would recommend it to any one looking for good Asian cuisine. The food was what I hope for when I go out for Chinese (yes I did order a Chinese dish... I don't mean to sound ignorant and hope it doesn't sound that way).

Also, I think I may actually prefer Oriental Garden over Mr. Chopstick's.

That's right. I said it.

They get 3 1/2 jalapenos from me. Cuz my hubby's brown.


Oriental Garden Restaurant on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I have had thai food in more than 20 restaurants in the DFW area. This is by far the best, even compared to more expensive restaurants. If you like curry get Panang, if you like chinese get Lemon Chicken(unique and incredible), if you like noodles get Pad Kee Mow (spicy noodles in sweet and hot sauce).

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. I'll keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete