web metrics Denton: Rated: Burger Extra!!!! -- Burger Extreme?

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Burger Extra!!!! -- Burger Extreme?

Burger Extra!!!!



The post title may confuse you. It confuses me. So we are in the same boat.

Location:

301 University Drive Denton, Texas.

If you are any kind of familiar with Denton, you will remember that this used to be another burger place. I want to say MG's Burger and Grill. I also want to say that I think I am wrong. Whatever it used to be called, The Woman and I have eaten there before, so now that we saw Burger Extra!!!! with it's bold new sign (read: crappy) occupying said space, we decided to try it out. Also, we were hungry.

Funny story: As we were walking in at around 4pm-ish we saw this sign:

above: sign. 

No joke. We had this exchange:

Her, "Is it open?

Me: "You don't see the sign?"

"Yeah but I meant right now"


The Food:

The Food I Ordered
Bacon Cheeseburger

Decent. I ordered a bacon cheese burger with fries and a drink. This is what they gave me. The fries were a little dry and bland. Kind of greasy (which is not a big deal-- I kind of like greasy). Look at that bun though. Doesn't that look cafeteria-like? It tastes like it too. The bacon was crispy and awesome, however. I don't like soft and chewy bacon so that is a major plus.

Their menu looks like this:

Pictured: Menu complete with real pictures! 



Mitigating Factors:

I was really hungry. I probably am overrating this place. It just seems like they threw it together. It isn't bad but its not a place that you have to visit if you are in Denton. It is just one of those spots that you go to because you've been everywhere else and want to check it out.

So my rating: 2/4 jalepeƱos. 'Cuz I'm brown.

Postscript - Menu edition:

Apparently this place used to be called Burger Extreme. I found that out when we were trying to remember the name of the place later. I reached into my pocket to read the receipt. "Burger Extreme" I reached for my phone to look at the picture. "Burger Extra!!!!"

Why is extra better than extreme? That, dear reader, is for you to find out.

Programming note: Come back later for The Woman's review!


Burger Extra!!! on Urbanspoon

1 comment: